Dr Zorica Patel joined the University of Westminster in 2005 initially as a Visiting Lecturer. She became a Lecturer in 2010 and a Senior Lecturer in Occupational and Organisational Psychology in 2012. She teaches a range of undergraduate and postgraduate modules at Westminster Business School. In addition to her academic work, Zorica has a substantial interest in personal and professional development and she has obtained training in areas such as executive coaching. She has achieved the status of Chartered Occupational Psychologist in July 2012, and joined the Register of Coaching Psychologists in September 2012. She acquired the role of the Employability Director in the School of Organisations, Economy and Society in 2018.
In previous employment, Zorica gained experience in both the private and public sectors. She worked in various export-import companies and in local government before commencing her academic career.
- Professional Doctorate in Occupational and Organisational Psychology (University of East London, UK), 2012 - 2019
- MSc in Occupational and Organisational Psychology (University of East London, UK), 2001 - 2004
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (The Open University, UK), 1996 - 2000
- BA (Hons) in Economics (University of Belgrade, Serbia), 1978 - 1983
- PGCHE - Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education (University of Westminster), October 2009
- Diploma in Coaching for Enhanced Performance (Newcastle College), November 2006
- Certificate in Personality Assessment - Level B 16PF5 Instrument (University of East London), April 2004
- Certificate in Occupational Testing (University of East London) - Level A, March 2003
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Chartered Occupational Psychologist in the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Full Member of the Division of Occupational Psychology (DOP)
- Promotions Secretary of the British Eastern European Psychology Group (BEEPG) from 2007 - 2012
- Committee member of the International Liaison Strategy Group in the DOP from 2010 until 2011
- Committee member and the Co-Chair in the Events team of the The Special Group in Coaching Psychology (SGCP) from 2010 until 2013
- Member of the Conference Subcommittee in the SGCP in 2008 and 2009
- Committee Member of The Psychometrics Forum from 2013 until 2016
Consultancy and professional practice
Zorica is engaged in continuous Professional Development on an ongoing basis. This involves attendance and presenting at the SGCP and DOP Annual Conferences, as well as various workshops organised by the SGCP Events team where she acted as a Co-Chair.
Zorica has acted as a Committee member for the Division of Occupational Psychologists Professional Practice Event held in April 2008 and Conference Convenor for the BPS Psychology for All Conference in March 2011. She has successfully organised the BEEPG Annual Networking Events from 2007 to 2012.
Zorica is regularly attending events of the Psychometrics Forum. She is also a member of the Editorial Board of the scientific journal CIVITAS and can be found on LinkedIn.
Other professional experience includes ongoing freelance coaching for individual and career development and enhanced performance.
Zorica is a member of the School of Organisations, Economy and Society, and is involved in both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programme delivery. Her main aim is to motivate all levels of students through a participative and interactive learning process. In her facilitative style of teaching, she often utilizes role-plays and encourages students to share work-related experiences in their social learning environments.
CURRENT KEY INVOLVEMENT
- Employability Director for the School of Organisations, Economy and Society
- Module Leader for the Current Themes in HRM module - 6HURM007W (3rd year)
- Module Leader for the Resourcing and Talent Planning module - 5HURM003W (2nd year)
- Module Leader for the Applying the Tools of Positive Psychology for Personal and Professional Development - 5WSEL020W (offered to students of all colleges)
- Personal Tutor (all levels)
PREVIOUS KEY INVOLVEMENT
Zorica has a broad experience in mega-module leadership, being the Deputy Module Leader of the core 3rd year module Strategic Perspectives – BKEY601 (with a team of large number of academics - over 25, and students - over 1200) for five years. Zorica previously lead a 2nd year module - Applying the Tools of Positive Psychology to Business - BHRM507.
She is responsible for the preparation, delivery and assessment of the following modules:
- Organisational Behaviour - (2nd year)
- Resourcing and Talent Planning (2nd year)
- Applying the Tools of Positive Psychology for Personal and Professional Development (2nd year)
- Current Themes in Human Resource Management (3rd year)
- Current Themes in Business Management (3rd year)
- Personal and Professional Development Tutoring - all levels
- Human Resource Management
Zorica's additional responsibilities involve the supervision of postgraduate projects in MA in Human Resource Management and MA in Management Studies. Her role is to develop and maintain a good relationship with the students helping them to achieve their best, by offering support and advice regarding the structure and the methodology of their dissertations.
Zorica has completed her Professional Doctorate in Occupational Psychology at the University of East London in 2019 with the thesis 'Talent Management Practices in Organisations'.
Other research interests lie mainly in the areas of:
- Coaching and Positive psychology
- Organisational Change and Development
- Personal and Career Development
She has completed the Springboard Women's Development Programme for Researchers in 2015.
For details of all my research outputs, visit my WestminsterResearch profile.