I hold a BSc in Estate Management from Oxford Brookes and qualified as a Chartered Surveyor at Drivers Jonas. I worked as Senior Estates Surveyor for the PSA where I was responsible for the Government's Special Services Estate providing Estate services for the Royal Parks and Palaces, Museums, and other unusual property. This included valuing the Tower of London and transferring Kew Palace.
I joined Rogers Chapman property advisers in 1988 and became the main board director responsible for all professional (non agency) instructions. I specialised in providing valuation, landlord and tenant, rating, airport consultancy and management advice. I also helped to build the firm from 10 people to 65 prior to selling the firm to Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2006. I became a European (Regional) Director of JLL until November 2008.
I joined the University of Westminster in January 2009 and continue practicing as a Chartered Surveyor predominantly in landlord and tenant issues and commercial rating. I receive appointments as Arbitrator and independent Expert from the RICS. I am one of the longest serving chairmen of the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence, I am a director of APC training courses and lectures on the APC for the RICS.
Member of Arbrix and Index
Member of Surrey Arbitrators and Independent Experts
Member of the Without Prejudice club
External lecturer for Kingston University
External lecturer for ICBA
Commercial Real Estate Valuation, Statutory Valuations specialising in Local Taxation (Rating), land law, landlord and tenant (including rent reviews and third party referrals)
FMA World Workplace lectures:
- Turin (1997) Location pressures on Estates and facilities management in the public sector
- Maastricht (1998) Changing requirements in the provision of property occupation
- Chicago (1998) Assessment and Procurement of property - Changing provision of property occupation
- Gottenburg (1999) Identifying, reducing and maximising true cost to commercial real estate
Henry Stewart Conferences:
- Developing in and around airports - The effect of Terminal 5 on Heathrow's surrounding area
- Understanding property, the next steps Business Rates Commercial Rent reviews
Latest thinking on commercial leases - Issues in renewals: requirements for grant or refusal
Rent Review workshop
Fighting a rent review