· Participated in the Collegium at Le Giornate Del Cinema Muto, Pordenone, Italy, 30 September- 7 October 2017. Won the Best Collegium Paper award.
· Presented paper “Cinema and the Urdu Public Sphere in India (1920- 1950)” at Exploring the Popular Culture of Urdu Language conference held at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 8-10 September 2017.
· Presented paper “White Skin/ Brown Mask: The case of ‘White’ Actresses from the Silent Era to the Early Sound Period in Bombay cinema (1925- 1940)”in the seminar Industrial Networks of Cinemas of Indiaat the Annual Meeting of the American Comparative Literature Association (ACLA) held at Universiteit Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands, 6-9 July 2017.
· Presented paper “In search of the Islamicate: Cinema and the Urdu Public Sphere”at the Engaging with South Asia in Transformation workshop at the University of Westminster, 30 March 2017.
· “Teen Deviyan: The Prabhat Star triad and the discourse of ‘Respectability’” at Sahapedia.org, July 2016.
· Presented paper titled “Writing History, Politics and Trauma: Final Solution, Parzania and Firaq” at the American Comparative Literature Association seminar Revisiting Politics in Indian Film held at Harvard University, 17- 20th March 2016.
· “Performative Negotiations and the Woman’s Question” in The Book Review, Vol. XXXIX No. 10 October 2015.
· “Recasting Bodies and the Transformation of the Self: The case of women performers in the Bombay film industry (1925- 47)” in Interrogating Women’s Leadership and Empowerment, Sage Publication & IIC Quaterly, New Delhi 2015.
· “Portrait of a Lady: Writing early cinema history through the intimate histories of women performers in the Bombay Film Industry” at School of Arts and Aesthetics Students Seminar, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 2013.
· “Cinema’s folkloric Imagination: Mythologicals and Devotionals in Early Indian Cinema” at the Indian Folklore Congress at Mysore (17th- 19th December 2012).
· “Women Through the Cinematic Eye” in The Book Review, Vol. XXXVI Number 10 October 2012.
· “Urban Imaginations and the Cinema of Jafar Panahi” in Wide Screen, Vol. 1, Issue 2, June 2010 http://widescreenjournal.org/index.php/journal/article/viewFile/59/6...
· Presented paper titled “Rethinking Stardom in the context of the 1930s-40s in Bombay cinema” for the Cinema and Stardom: Concepts, Histories and Research Methodologies workshop held on 27th November 2010 at the School of Arts and Aesthetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
· Presented paper titled “When Venus came to Bombay: Performative Negotiations and the Reinvention of the Tawaif” at the National Film Archive of India, Pune in 2009.