Dr James Morgan is an educator, innovator and practitioner in live experience design. He is Principal Lecturer in Event Design and Technology, Postgraduate Programme Leader for Tourism and Events and Digital Experience Lead in the School of Architecture and Cities at the University of Westminster. In 2014 James James founded the Event Tech Lab, a non-for-profit knowledge exchange community for event technology companies, event professionals and investors.
He was been voted as one of the world’s Top 100 Most Influential People in the Events Industry in the Eventex Global Awards in 2020 and in 2019. Other awards include being in Eventbrite’s Top 100 Event Professionals in 2016; as well as being awarded the International Live Events Association’s top accolade, the J Robert Graves Pioneer Award for for his services to the association in the same year. He was also voted as one of the Top 20 Industry Changemakers for 2017 by US publication Meetings Net magazine.
As a respected international speaker, industry commentator and writer, James judge’s industry awards in Europe, North America and the Middle East each year. As a truly international event professional, he is passionate about researching topics on experience design, attendee engagement and technology.
- Postgraduate Programme Leader - Tourism and Events Management
- Lecturer MA Event Design and Management
- Lecturer BA Tourism and Events Management
- Digital Innovator - College of Design, Creative and Digital Industries
Current research interests
- Measuring the Creative Intensity of the Events Sector
- Event Design and Emotional Triggering
- Artificial Intelligence and Event Design
- The Production of Space and Attendee Engagement