Dr Tony Manzi
I'm part of
Connect with me
I have worked at the University of Westminster since 1992. Prior to that I worked for the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham and Notting Hill Housing Trust. I am currently the course leader for the MA in Housing Practice and Deputy Director for Research students with responsibility for admissions, training and pastoral care. I am a Teaching and Learning Quality Representative for the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment. My areas of interest are in social theory, the management of change and housing policy.
I teach on a range of postgraduate modules including: Housing Management Practice,; Research Methods and Housing Policy and Strategy. I am also responsible for dissertation tuition across a range of postgraduate programmes within the faculty.
I completed a PhD thesis in 2006 at University College London entitled: Understanding Cultural Change: a Study of the Housing Management Function in London Housing Associations from 1988-2003. I have worked on a number of projects involving developing mixed income communities for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation. I have worked on projects for local authorities, housing associations and voluntary organisations including developing good practice in the management of temporary housing and an evaluation of resident empowerment initiatives.
- 2017 The Business Benefits of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive's Community Invoivement Activity, with Ian Simpson, for the Northern Ireland Housing Executive
- 2015 Success, Satisfaction and Scrutiny: The Business Benefits of Resident Involvement, with Ian Simpson and Nick Bailey. for AmicusHorizon Ltd.
- 2009 Community Empowerment in Aylesbury New Deal for Communities: an Evaluation, with Ian Simpson and Wendy Phillips, for Creation Trust
- 2007 Managing Mixed Income Communities (with URBED) for English Partnerships and the Housing Corporation
- 2007 Auditing Derwenthorpe for Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- 2005 Mixed Income Communities: a Good Practice Guide for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- 2004 Improving Management Structures in the Windmill Park Neighbourhood for Acton Housing Association and Notting Hill Housing Trust
- 2003 Neighbourhood Profiling in Dormers Wells for the London Borough of Ealing