Art and design
A hothouse of creative collaboration
Reflecting the fast-changing opportunities in art, design and new media, our teaching programmes combine the development of professional level studio practice with the acquisition of skills, knowledge and understanding. Whether you choose to work with new media or the most traditional, you will be encouraged to collaborate across disciplines, to think in an international context, to debate theories and practices.
Taught by active practitioners in a research-intensive environment, you will work alongside students from film, photography, music, fashion, journalism – a unique hothouse of creative opportunity. Our recent graduates are working across the spectrum of the creative industries – exhibiting, curating, forming new design companies, writing on the visual arts. They are building the careers we helped them to imagine through their studies at Harrow.
Great exhibition space
A highlight of the academic year are the degree shows at Ambika P3 which showcase student’s work in one of the most contemporary exhibition venues in central London.
Graduates from the courses gain employment across a broad range of disciplines within the art and design industry.
- Laurence Thompson, Creative Director Wieden & Kennedy London
- Mark Leeds: Guardian Newspapers /Financial Times
- Keith Haynes: Head of Design, RedBee New Media (BBC)
- Meryel Yates: BBC Interactive News
- Suzanne Haberfield: British Museum
- Neil Churcher: Head of Design, Orange
- Adam Concar: Guardian Newspapers
- Sally Griesdale: Formerly, Head of Interface Design, Apple Macintosh, USA
- Julian Kirby - Discovery Channel
- Jeff Lewis - designer of computer games for Bizzare Creations
- Christopher Titchbourne worked for Tim Burton on the 'Corpse Bride' and other films
- Jayne Bevitt - director of the animation company 'Sherbet'
- Julia Marusic - Assistant Art Director for TV ads and promos. Previous work for children's TV as prop maker - 'Thomas the Tank Engine' also for films ' Casino Royal', 'Agent Crush'
- James Kay - Assistant Curator for Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew