International Internship Programme
Our international internship programme provides a personalised service sourcing knowledge and skills to meet your short-term business needs. This 12-week programme is designed for organisations that require additional resources to begin or complete outstanding and ongoing business projects.
We identify motivated, well-educated volunteers from international universities who have the knowledge and skills you require to deliver your project and help drive your company forward. In return, candidates can develop their business skills and gain experience of working in the UK.
Through personal consultations we listen to your business needs. We understand that every employer is different and aim to find the most suitable candidates for you. We manage every stage of the process and regularly consult with you to ensure we are providing the quality service you deserve. Once a candidate has been chosen, we will keep in contact with you throughout the internship to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
This is one of the best-run internship programmes – [the Business Experience Team] makes a real effort to match us with students who will enjoy the entrepreneurial, start-up atmosphere and have an interest in our sector. – Michael Liebriech, New Energy Finance
Our candidates use their previous work experience, knowledge and skills to support and develop your organisation. Candidates study a variety of disciplines so we are able to source candidates with experience ranging from media, politics, business, marketing, finance and much more.
Here are five ways in which taking on an intern can help your business:
- Eager to impress and make an impression on a potential employer, interns can bring a huge amount of energy and enthusiasm to a project.
- Our interns can offer excellent short-term support for challenging projects when an extra pair of hands is needed, without the pressure of taking on a permanent employee.
- The majority of our interns are international and are fluent in two or more languages, which could help your business make new contacts or clients.
- With the up-to-the minute teaching that students receive from the University of Westminster, they can bring fresh insights, new ways of thinking and the latest perspectives.
- Most students and recent graduates belong to the generation of internet natives to whom digital technology and social media is second nature. Interns can be a great way to invigorate your online presence and open up a creative way of communicating with your clients.
We have successfully placed students in a range of projects working with hundreds of London employers. Examples include:
- The Conservative Party
- MIND in Camden
- Dorie Simmonds
- Kid's City
- the NHS
Our candidates come mainly from the US and offer a wide variety of skills and experience – they are graduates and undergraduates from reputable universities, aged 19–30. They opt to combine their academic studies with a voluntary placement in a field related to their skills, experience and interests.
We place self-confident, motivated undergraduate students aged 19–21 (occasionally older) from respected US universities or from our growing portfolio of partner countries, many of whom have previous internship experience in their home countries in a variety of fields.
The intern became an integral part of our mental health service, she will be missed by all service users and staff members. She truly developed and grew into the role – it was a pleasure to have her with us. – Amy Lazarou, MIND
Our internships are part-time and run for 12 weeks. Students combine their study at the University with 15–20 hours a week at their internship.
We run two intakes per year:
- Intake 1: January to April
- Intake 2: September to December
At no cost to you, we will manage every stage of the recruitment process, including providing you with CVs of potential interns and arranging interviews on your behalf. An internships coordinator is always on the other end of a phone for advice or support, or you can make an appointment for a more in-depth consultation.
All went very well, the intern had been well briefed and were quick to settle in. They were well matched with out organisation. – Jackie Nunns, Kids' City
If you would like to get involved and place an intern within your company please contact the Business Experience Team:
Internships Coordinator – International Students
Business Experience Team
T: +44 (0)20 3506 7028
E: [email protected]