How to apply
To apply for the mentoring scheme, you complete an online application form. You can only do this once you have started your studies at Westminster Business School.
To apply, please follow the 3 stages below:
- Make sure that your CV is up to date, as this will be part of your application. If you need help putting it together, refer to the CVs, cover letters and applications guide
- Download and complete a copy of the Code of Conduct (pdf)
- Complete the application form for the programme. You will be required to log into Engage in order to complete this.
Deadline: Monday 19 February, midnight
Information Evening and Group Interviews
If your application is successful, you will be required to attend an information evening and a group interview. The information evening will give you the opportunity to gather all the information you need about the programme as well as speak to those who have previously taken part, both mentees and mentors.
Following the information evening, you are required to attend a group interview, during this, we will assess your level of need for a mentor and your motivation for the programme. If you are successful after this, you will be accepted onto the programme and assigned a mentor.
These sessions will be running on the following dates:
Information Evening: Wednesday 28th February
Group Interviews: 6th-15th March
These are the shortlisting criteria for the Postgraduate and MBA International Mentoring Scheme:
- The scheme is for registered full-time students at Westminster Business School, studying your first semester
- The scheme is available to international postgraduate students (from outside the EU) or MBA students (either UK, EU or International)
- If you are an international student, you must not have lived in the UK or EU for more than 3 years, nor have worked in the UK for more than 1 year. Some exceptions to this do apply. If you are unsure if you are eligible to apply, a member of the Business Experience Team and we'll be able to advise you
- You must have a good level of written and oral communication. If your application is shortlisted, your ability to communicate will be assessed during your group meeting with a member of the business experience team.
- Students need to submit their fully completed online application form and submit any supporting documents by the deadlines stated. We are not able to process late or incomplete applications.
Please note that the criteria above are not exhaustive and are subject to the discretion of the Mentoring Team.