FAQs – PRINCE2® project management
1. Is the University of Westminster accredited by APMG to offer PRINCE2®?*
The University of Westminster is an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) by APMG for PRINCE2®.
2. What level of pre-course reading and support is available?
Candidates will receive pre-course reading material upon application.
3. Will the official course manual/guide be received before the start of the course (if applicable)?
The official course manual is posted to you once you have registered and paid for the course. Alternatively, you can pick it up from our Marylebone Campus (35 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5LS), if indicated upon payment in the application form.
4. What delivery methods are available?
The courses are delivered face-to-face in a classroom using a mixture of lectures and tutorials.
5. Does the campus meet accessibility requirements?
The campus is wheelchair accessible. Should you require any specific assistance on the training days, please do let us know in advance and preferably on application.
6. Does the course include group work and a chance to apply the method to scenarios?
Candidates are given a scenario, which will allow them to apply the method during the training sessions using group exercises.
7. Where are the courses run?
Unless indicated otherwise, all our courses are held at our Marylebone campus (35 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5LS).
8. What is the training schedule - i.e. length of training days, breaks, etc?
The Foundation course runs for three days from 9:30am to 5pm. The Foundation exam is held on the third day and starts at 3pm.
The Practitioner course runs for two days from 9:30am to 5pm. The Practitioner exam is held on the second day and starts at 2pm.
If you are enrolled on both the Foundation and Practitioner courses, the exam for the Foundation course is on day three at 15:00 and the exam for the Practitioner is on day five at 14:00.
9. What is the maximum number of delegates that could be accepted on the course?
The maximum number of delegates that could be accepted on either the Foundation or Practitioner course is 22.
10. What is included in the course price?
The course price includes training, training materials, the official manual* (Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®) and the examination fee for the exam(s).
*The official manual is given to delegates to retain except for those who are doing the Practitioner course only as they are expected to already own the official manual when they studied for the Foundation course.
11. What happens if the University of Westminster cancels the course?
In the unlikely event that the course you have registered for is cancelled, you will be offered a place on a different date or a full refund.
12. Is the course being booked guaranteed to run?
Courses are guaranteed to run unless there are unforeseen circumstances which make it impossible to run the session. Candidates would be notified in the unlikely event that this may happen.
13. Who will your trainer be?
13.1 What experience do they have in using the method/guidance?
All our trainers are experienced lecturers and experts in the area of Project Management. They are all accredited Trainers by the APMG. One or more of the following trainers will be delivering your course:
13.2 How often do they deliver courses?
The courses run once a month. Please note there are no courses offered in August.
13.3 What language will the course be delivered in?
The course is delivered in English.
14. How and when will I be notified of my results?
You will be emailed your results within two weeks of the exam. Please ensure that the email you supply on application is confidential enough for us to use for sending your results.
14.2 How and when will I receive my certificate?
Certificates are posted to the address you included in the candidate’s details registration form filled in just before the exam. Those who pass the exam will receive your certificate with three weeks of the exams.
14.3 What feedback will I receive if I fail the exam(s)?
You will be offered one-to-one feedback by one of accredited Trainers.
15 What are the training organisation's pass rates?