The Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, based in the historic Regent Street building, offers a vibrant, multi-disciplinary research environment, at the centre of which are several innovative, high-quality research groups. The Faculty also hosts a well-established MPhil/PhD programme with around 60 doctoral students enrolled.
- Centre for Law, Society and Popular Culture
- Centre for the Study of Democracy
- Centre for the Study of Science and Imagination
- Centre on the Legal Profession
- Contemporary China Centre
- Institute for Modern and Contemporary Culture
- Research in English, Linguistics and Cultural Studies
- Research in Law
- Research in Modern Languages and Cultures
- Research in Politics and International Relations
- Research in History, Sociology and Criminology
Staff research and consultancy
Our staff are engaged in both theoretical and applied research covering a broad spectrum of disciplinary and multi-disciplinary themes and topics in the social sciences and humanities. Staff are also involved in various knowledge transfer and consultancy activities with partner organisations in both the public and private sectors.