Westminster creative computing
Who we are
The Westminster Creative Computing (WCC) at the University of Westminster offers technology and educational solutions for the cultural heritage, tourism, and creative industries. WCC has undertaken extensive research projects and consultancy services for other academic research bodies and industry partners across the world in image analysis, augmented reality requirements engineering, semantic computing, pervasive media and the development of social interactive technologies for mobile platforms.
The objectives of the services are:
- To analyse the needs of our customers and propose bespoke solutions
- To provide bespoke software solutions that meet our customers' need and enhance the overall visitor experience.
- To provide training and research
WCC has grown out of a desire to extend our engagement strategy with cultural institution and apply our research to the needs of digital programmes for families and young people in the cultural heritage, tourism and creative industries. Our team brings together expertise from the fields of imaging, human computer interaction, multimedia and animation, software engineering, mobile and game technologies. Our team provides interactive solutions for the web and handheld mobile devices harnessing rich multimedia content for information provision and addressing technical issues related to contextual awareness and content and services access.
Our service provisions
- Interactive games design
- 3D modeling and animation
- Augmented reality for mobile platforms
- Imaging and object interpretation
- Software design and production
- Mobile platform development
- User interface design
Who our customers are
- Students / graduates willing to learn skills in Multimedia and Animation
- Professionals working in museums, galleries, historic houses and other cultural and heritage attractions
Consultancy, contract research and software development
- Museums, galleries, historic houses and other cultural and heritage attractions
- Government agencies and professional bodies and associations
The Business Development Officer for School of Electronics and Communication will be delighted to speak with anyone on various business and educational opportunities with WCC by providing earlier case project examples of WCC showing benefits to its clients and partners.
Dr Alexandra Psarrou
T: +44 (0)20 7911 5000 ext 64846
E: [email protected]
Business Development Manager
T: +44 (0)20 3506 4113
E: [email protected]