About the faculty
The Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment is housed in a purpose-designed building opposite Baker Street Tube station.
Our facilities include:
- Marylebone Library (24-hour access)
- Fabrication Laboratory Westminster
- newly refurbished and expanded architecture studios – complete with computers installed with a wide range of graphics and design software
- construction laboratories
- Ambika P3 Gallery
- large suite of IT laboratories
- Students' Union
- café and coffee shop
- prayer room
- quiet room
- Marylebone Books bookshop – Visit the Marylebone Books' website
- student health services
Fabrication Laboratory Westminster
Our new digital Fabrication Laboratory Westminster is a major extension to our existing architecture workshops and suite of 3D printers and laser cutters. Two purpose-built spaces equipped with flexible computer-controlled tools allow students to explore the exciting field of digital fabrication, including ABS and plaster 3D printing, CNC knife cutting, large-scale CNC routing, CNC metal milling and robot fabrication. All students also have full access to our workshops for wood and metal working.
Refurbished architecture studios
Our architecture studios at Marylebone Campus have undergone a £5.2m refurbishment programme, providing unrivalled facilities for study and collaborative learning. Our dedicated computer lab is supplemented with computers throughout the studio, all equipped with graphics and CAD software.
- Ramped entrance
- Disabled access rooms
- Spacious reception with reduced-level reception desk
- Induction loop
- Disabled parking bays
- Car park lift
Marylebone Campus is changing
The campus is changing to offer a better experience for students and to provide world class teaching, social and research facilities.